Welcome to Vanille Verte! I am so glad you are here.
In this blog, I want to share my passion for natural cooking and the intimate connection between real food and vibrant health. I want to keep exploring and learning about that connection, and share in this exploration with you.
Some of my food beliefs:
– Deprivation or settling for bland foods in the name of health is NOT ok! Healthy dishes must be vibrantly delicious, lip-smacking good, or I will not eat them. And neither should you.
– I am wary of dogma, and do not belong to any single school of dietary thought. No “one” diet is perfect for everyone. Every “body” is different, and can thrive as vegan, vegetarian, raw, omnivore, locavore, Paleo, etc., as long as the focus remains on real, varied, and unprocessed, whole foods, preferably organic. I also believe that our needs change over time, and what works for one decade of our life might not for another. The key is to keep paying attention.
– I love, love, love vegetables, and I know for sure that eating lots of them is vitally important for our health, so many of the dishes that I create are plant-based. This does not mean that I don’t consume animal products. I am a sucker for pâté (from pasture-raised livers), and I eat meat of all kinds in small, condiment-like quantities, making sure it comes from a very good farmer who treats his animals well and allows them to live as nature intended.
– I don’t eat gluten as it makes me anxious and headachy. This means that all the recipes here will be (deliciously) gluten-free. Do I miss baguettes and croissants? Hell, yes! But I don’t miss them enough to accept the pain that comes with them.
– I would like this blog to be a safe space for all of us to explore our own relationship with food and clean cooking, ask questions, comment and find inspiration. We can all learn from each other, and, as we grow, reach our own personal place of vibrant health.
Thank you for being here. I am so thrilled to have you on this journey with me.
Love and health!