I’m on an orange roll, as you might have noticed last week. And so, today, I wanted to share another orange recipe with you, since I happened to create it a little by chance, with what I had in the fridge, and it came out beautifully. With only 4 main ingredients, how can you go wrong? Orange slices topped with chopped mint, jalapeño (yes, it tastes great mixed in!), toasted pine nuts, a sprinkle of fleur de sel, and a drizzle of olive oil. That’s it. Crazy simple, ridiculously pretty, and I just know you will love it!
Love and health!
- 10 assorted oranges (blood and otherwise)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño
- fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- olive oil
- Preheat a small sauté pan on medium heat, and toast the pine nuts until golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool.
- Cut the ends off the oranges. Using a sharp knife, slice off the skin, following the curve of the fruit.
- Cut each orange into thin slices. Discard any orange seeds.
- Arrange the slices on a serving platter. Top with mint, jalapeño and pine nuts. Sprinkle on a little fleur de sel, and drizzle on some olive oil, to taste.
- Serve immediately.